To ensure that the different needs of enterprises, enterprise data integration act to combine data from various sources. It also includes the sharing of information between different business applications.
At present, regardless of status, integration of enterprise data is a method tested and practiced by every company and business groups to manage the company's resources.
This practice is very important because of the presence of Internet-based marketers and service providers. The main benefits of enterprise data integration including fast data transfer and data sharing. Also, it involves:
– Less time involved in the capture of data
– Data collection and elimination of duplicate data entry
– Cut the time and capital required for data entry
– An increase in customer satisfaction through customer data integration better and customer contacts
– Printing reports and preparation
– Improve the marketing of products or services
– Real-time availability of data
– Simplification of all procedures
– An increase in sales force automation
Different techniques are also involved in the procedure and they are:
– Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
– Extract-Transform-Load (ETL)
– Enterprise Information Integration (EII)
– Master Data Management (MDI)
– Customer Data Integration (CDI)
When it is the matter of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), then it is considered as the data integration technology.
The major processes engaged in this integration application are:
– Data propagation
– Data consolidation
– Data federation