It is important to note that when they did so, that a skilled craftsman should be consulted to evaluate the sub-surface, and determine whether parging is the correct approach. You can also choose masonry services and repairs in Edmonton from experts.
Image Source: Google
Another reason for parging be able to fill the "bug holes or pin holes" on the surface of the concrete. The hole can lead to outgassing.The proper preparation of the wall surface to be re-parged, involves the following steps:
1. Chisel off any loose or flaking existing parging,
2. Use a wire brush; clean away vigorously any remaining dirt, dust and debris.
3. Clean the surface with water through a power washer, to remove algae, dirt and particulates.
4. Apply a liquid bonding agent on the surface to promote superior adhesion.
5. Application of mesh material as an intermediate step before parging mixed applications, such as / if needed for structural integrity, and commensurate with the intended purpose.
6. As a remedy parging during the day; apply water at intervals, to help the healing process.
Techniques for applying parging involves using wide shovel and apply to the wall surface in an upward motion and angle.
Once the surface has been covered manageable, masons will usually return skim over the surface applied, in an attempt to smooth finished appearance and eliminating excess material.
Parging subject as it pertains to the craft of stone, has a lot of nuances in light of the purposes of the application, requirements, weather and climatic conditions.